to Essex ASA - 6th Best club in Essex after Essex County Championships A/B/C & D (6th also in 2004 and 2005);
Eastern Region ASA; National Speedo London League Division 1 and M11 Junior Speedo (12th in 2006, 9th in 2004)
|Home||About the Club||Swim Squads||Club fees||To the pool...||Diary dates|
ASA Eastern Region
Buy Club kit!
Directions to other pools
Harlow Open Meets
How to get from Harlow to other nearby pools
Whenever possible, Harlow Penguins will organise a coach to take swimmers to other meets and galas. Sometimes this is not practical and it may be necessary for swimmers to make their own way to any of the following pools:
Barnet Copthall Pool (home of Barnet Swimming Club)
(a map is available on their website)
1) Leave Harlow on the M11 Southbound to London
2) Exit M11 at Junction 6 onto the M25 anti-clockwise
3) Leave M25 at Junction 23 onto the A1 Southbound into central London
4) Follow the A1 as it becomes Barnet Way
5) Straight across, 2nd exit at roundabout onto A5109
6) Left, first exit at next roundabout onto A1 (Watford Way)
7) Straight across, 2nd exit at roundabout (still Watford Way)
8) Leave Watford Way (A1) before the major fork, by turning left into Tithe Walk
9) Almost immediately, turn left, northbound up Page Street
Take the first right into Barnet and Copthall Sports Centre.
Alternatively, leave Harlow on A414 to Hatfield and pick up the A1 Southbound all the way into Watford Way.
Blackshots Pool (home of Thurrock Swimming Club)
Blackshots Lane, Grays, Thurrock. RM16 2JU.
(a map is available on their website)
1) Down the M11 to M25 interchange
2) Take the M25 left hand slip road heading for Dartford Crossing (clockwise)
3) Continue on the M25 for 15 miles until Junction 30
4) Follow the A13 most probably signposted Grays or Thurrock
5) Avoid Lakeside Shopping centre as this will make you very poor very quickly!
6) Keep on the A13 for 1.6 miles coming off at the junction where the A1012 is signposted
7) At the roundabout at the slip road take the fourth exit into the A1012
8) Follow this for 0.2 miles and at the next roundabout take the second exit onto A1013 (Lodge lane)
9) Follow this for 1.2 miles and at the next roundabout take first exit into Blackshots lane
The swimming pool is on the right hand side.
Enfield swimming pool (Southbury Leisure Centre)
From the M11 join the M25 heading anticlockwise to Heathrow\Watford\Hatfield
Come off at Junction 25 (Hatfield\Enfield) - approx 15 miles from Harlow
Take first exit on roundabout heading for Enfield\London A10
Follow A10 dual carriageway towards Enfield - go through two sets of traffic lights
Get into right hand lane, taking right hand turn when you see B&Q clearly on the left (the cinema should be on your right hand side)
Turn next right into Southbury Leisure Centre
8 lane 25 pool
Free parking, no canteen
Epping swimming pool (Loughton Leisure Centre)
Traps Hill, Loughton. Essex. IG10 1SZ
Tel: 01992 5644574
To get to the Loughton pool (Loughton Leisure Centre) take the main road out of Harlow to Epping. Follow through Epping high street and head for Loughton. Keep on this road for between 6 and 7 miles always heading for Loughton. As you are at the top of Loughton heading down the hill into the high street turn left prior to the high street and stores. The car parking places and spectator area fills up quickly!
Fullwell Cross pool (home of Redbridge Swimming Club)
* Fullwell Cross is situated at Barkingside
* Down the M11 towards London
* At the bottom of the M11 bear left on the A406 following signs for the A12 and A13
* As the road sweeps to the left keep on the inside lane and take the first left slip road signposted A12 and also Barkingside and maybe Ilford
* At the bottom of slip road take the second turning on the roundabout just after the tube station onto a dual carriageway.
* Follow this dual carriageway for a mile (beware speed cameras) until you come to Gants Hill Roundabout
* At Roundabout take second exit heading for Barkingside
* Follow this road never taking any side turns and drive through Barkingside high street
* As you come to the end of the high street the pool is on your right with parking at the back of the pool and other car parks very nearby
Waltham Forest swimming pool
Take M11 southbound towards London, past M25, until North Circular
Take the right lane, over the flyover to A406 westbound (Walthamstow)
Get into third lane
Go through the underpass (as you are going down a hill)
Come off at next exit (Crooked Billet roundabout)
Take first exit, Chingford Road
Follow this for about a mile, go past a big school on your left then as the road turns right the pool is on your left (bright yellow building)
As we go to different pools this page will be updated. If you know a quicker way, have clearer instructions or any other suggestions please email email@example.com.
|Copyright Harlow Penguins SC|